Code of Conduct
Students’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Students have a right to be treated with respect, fairness and dignity by their classmates and by the staff.
- Students have a right to learn in a safe, caring, friendly and clean environment.
- Students have a responsibility to treat others and their property with respect, fairness and dignity.
- Students have a responsibility to ensure that their behavior does not interfere with their own right of others to learn.
- Students have a responsibility to comply with school rules and procedures.
- Students have a responsibility to give assigned work their best effort.
No one set of rules can take the place of individual responsibility. However, our expectations are that:
- Students are not permitted to use inappropriate language.
- Students will play cooperatively and safely on the playground and avoid aggressive play and fighting.
- Students will keep their lockers and desks tidy, and clear the floor around their desks at the end of the day.
- Students are expected to be outside during the recess and noon breaks, so they must dress accordingly.
- Head wear (caps) and outside footwear are removed upon entering the school.
RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS